Peace in Focus
International Photography Competition
Peace in Focus is launching an international photography competition for youth. Each month, we will accept submissions on a particular theme from young photographers around the world. The themes will reflect the core interests and values of Peace in Focus – youth leadership, non-violence, and socially conscious photography. Participants may submit literal or artistic interpretations of the subject, and photographs will be evaluated on their creativity, social message, and unique framing of the topic. Winners will receive a $25 prize and will be featured on our blog and website. All entries will be included in a monthly online slideshow, highlighting the vision and voices of young people around the world.
- Photographers must be 25 years old or under to be eligible to win.
- Photographers may submit one to three photographs depicting the month’s theme. Each photograph or photo-essay must be accompanied by a title and caption that explains the photographer’s message or point of view.
- Submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 1st of each month. Remember to include your name, age, address, phone number, photo title and caption.
- Please note that by participating in this competition, you grant permission for Peace in Focus to feature your work online and/or in print materials.
- All entries, including the month’s winner, will be featured on the Peace in Focus website and blog.
- May 1, 2010: What is something you cannot live without?
- June 1, 2010: What is your source of hope?
- July 1, 2010: What does equality look like?
- August 1, 2010: Whom do you most admire in your community?
- September 1, 2010: Where do you get information about your community or the world?
- October 1, 2010: Where do you find peace?
November 1, 2010: What is your dream for the future?
- December 1, 2010: If you could say anything to one thousand people, what would you say?
Click here to download and share a .pdf version of this announcement. We look forward to seeing your photos!